Have you read the best books of 2013? Not sure! The results of Goodreads Best Books of 2013 (Goodreads Choice Awards) are finally in and there are quite a few enthralling reads (both winners and nominated titles) on it.
Each year Goodreads members vote for the titles they feel are the "Best Reads of the Year" for various genres. With so many books released each year, how are the titles selected? Titles are selected based on a variety of data such as titles added to Goodreads, reviewed by readers, and star ratings by the editors of Goodreads, and readers are encouraged to nominate titles too.
Did your favorite reads of the year make the list? A few of mine sure did. The great thing about Goodreads and their Best Books list is you can easily find out about books you might have missed otherwise. I know my to-read list grows each time I visit the site. I bet yours does too!
If you would like to see the complete nominations list click on the genres in the list below.
The winners for 2013 are as follows:
- Fiction -- And the Mountains Echoes by Khaled Hosseini
- Mystery and Thriller -- Inferno by Dan Brown
- Historical Fiction -- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
- Fantasy -- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- Science Fiction -- MaddAddam by Margaret Atwood
- Romance -- Lover at Last by J.R. Ward
- Paranormal Fantasy -- Cold Days by Jim Butcher
- Horror -- Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
- Memoir and Autobiography -- I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
- History and Biography -- Jim Henson the Biography by Brian Jay Jones
- Nonfiction -- The Autistic Brain by Temple Grandin
- Food and Cookbooks -- Tequila Mockingbird: Cocktails with a Literary Twist by Tim Federle
- Humor -- Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
- Graphic Novels and Comics -- Beautiful Creatures: the Manga by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Poetry -- The Fall of Arthur by J.R.R. Tolkien and Christopher Tolkien
- Young Adult Fiction -- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Young Adult Fantasy -- Allegiant by Veronica Roth
- Middle Grade and Children's -- The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
- Picture Books -- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
To see the results of previous years (bottom right of page) visit Goodreads here.